We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This impressive, flavorful meal doesn't take as long as you think since the steak cooks while the rice does its thing. Toss together a side salad and serve with a fun flavored cocktail (think a light and spicy margarita) at your next dinner party. (No grill pan? Sear the steak instead.) For more tasty and simple recipes from Diana, check out the Greatist Cookbook!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1cup coconut milk
- 1lime, juiced
- 2-3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pound skirt steak
- Salt and pepper
- To make rice, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a medium-sized pot over high heat. Add rice, coconut milk, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- As rice cooks, heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Place in pan fat side down. Cook 5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- When rice is done cooking, remove from stove with lid on. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add coconut and cilantro.
- Serve warm steak over coconut lime rice.